I have been trying to setup coveralls for a project I am working on.
This last one is hosted on GitHub and is implemented, for the platform part, in Java.
To use coveralls with Java projects, it is recommended to use the coveralls-maven-plugin. I followed the instructions given on the page, but when I executed…
mvn clean cobertura:cobertura coveralls:cobertura
… I got the following error message.
[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix ‘coveralls’ in the current project and in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local (D:\InstallationLogi
ciels\Maven\repository), central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)%5D -> [Help 1]
After reading the documentation, I understood it was caused by a specific group ID for this Maven plug-in. I found a first work-around by adding…
.. in my settings.xml file.
However, I was not really satisfied with this solution. I do not want people that will compile my project to be forced to update their Maven settings. I finally found the solution. Instead of using a prefix (coveralls here), I will directly specify the group and artifacts IDs of the Maven plug-in.
mvn clean cobertura:cobertura org.eluder.coveralls:coveralls-maven-plugin:cobertura